I suggest you ...

Workflow

Simple publication workflow that enables the definition of the publication workflow for a given container or content type. The workflow itself defines what roles can create, edit & publish, and also how many validations are necessary at each validation step.

451 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bertrand Le RoyAdminBertrand Le Roy (Admin, Orchard) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MatoMato commented  · 

I second GadgetGeek's idea : custumized user notifications throughout the validation process would be very useful...

• GadgetGeekGadgetGeek commented  · 

Also being able to send automatic customisable user notifications during the workflow process

• TomABCTomABC commented  · 

I think this is an essential part. Not as exciting as widgets or menus, but important to content management. For example, an editor should be the only person able to publish an article written by an author. What I imagine is an author logging on to the admin panel, and only seeing the menu items related to his permitted workflow tasks. This would make a good quality assurance and safety mechanism for the "documents" stored in the CMS backend when we're talking real businesses that in the real world need documents approved by legal departments or qualified persons.

• Jetski5822Jetski5822 commented  · 

Could this be done in conjunction with the Forms stuff?

Feedback and Knowledge Base